Our journey to meet our daughter in China

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The Room is Painted!

We finally got the room cleared out and painted for the baby. I had not been in a hurry to do the nursery since the wait had increased. I just don't think I could handle seeing an empty nursery for over a year.

The walls are a nice shade of green, almost the color of sherbet. I wanted decorative outlet and switch plates but could not find any I liked for the price I wanted to pay. I bought a switch plate over a year ago that was really cute at Wal-Mart but I only bought one and needed two. I also didn't see any outlet plates. I think the one I bought was over $5 which is a little high when we needed 4 outlet plate and one more for the light switch. Also, we needed one for the phone jack and cable outlet and I have not ever seen one of those done cute, so I painted my own. It saved me some money and they turned out pretty cute. I am not a painter so they are not professional but for homemade they are pretty good. I did all the plates including the phone and cable. I will have to post pictures pretty soon.

I cleaned the carpet last night so we are moving furniture in tonight. It has been in the garage for over a year now and we need the space for our old washer and dryer since we bought a new set. We got the red LG front loader and we are going to stack them so I now have room for a freezer which we have coming with the laundry set. It should be delivered tomorrow afternoon.

No comments: