Our journey to meet our daughter in China

Thursday, May 24, 2007

When we started this process over 2 years ago I thought we would be home within a year and I would be busy trying to talk hubby into another baby by now. I guess the CCAA had other plans.

We sent our dossier to GWCA on 10/24/05 and I didn't send it overnight since the cost was about $20 more. I didn't think it would make much difference since we were going to be in the November group anyway. We got lucky and GW called to let me know they got the package in time to send if off on 10/28/05. Our LID is 11/17/05 the next LID for GW is 11/21/05. Four days doesn't seem like much and in November 2005 it was not a big deal. The CCAA would send referrals for an entire month at a time. But as soon as we got our paperwork sent in the wait started to increase and the CCAA said it was due to a decrease in abandonment of babies and an increase in domestic adoption. I am fine with this reason, I will wait years if needed. One of the reasons we went with IA was due to the uncertainity of the wait with domestic adoption.

No comments: