Our journey to meet our daughter in China

Monday, July 09, 2007

The Room is almost finished!


We don't have much left to do to feel ready, although I am sure we will never be finished decorating her room. As she gets older she will no doubt want to change things and we will be only too happy to try to please her. I just hope we can leave the murals up for a few years at least since they are really cute and took a lot of work to paint.


This is the finished first mural. Not much changed but we did paint over some of the glitter and fill in some sparse areas.


This is the second mural. Hubby did more work on this one than I did. he had it all planned out in his mind how it would look. The top of the mural is over my head so unless I wanted to paint standing on a ladder, and I don't, he had to paint the top part. He did and excellent job!

My sister came and cleaned out the closet and get A's clothes put away. They have been in the game room on the pool table for months. She often house sits and keeps the dogs for us and she has wanted to play pool so this was for her too. I don't go in the game room much. I hate to lose and I have not played much at all. Hubby loves to play and if I try to go in and just practice he will come running.


During the long wait we have participated in many sock swaps and we have also purchased many pairs on our own. My sister says we do not need to buy any more socks as she already has 75 pairs!

I did buy several pairs of tights that we on sale for $.99 this weekend. They were just too cheap to pass up.

2 comments:

M is for Mama said...

You guys crack me up with your 75 pairs of socks! That kids feet will never get cold! She will likely turn out like my Natalie and fuss and kick socks right off. :)

Lori said...

That's so funny!! I hope she wears each and every pair....at least once!! :)